Happy National Donut Day! 🍩
If you're like us, you love to celebrate this delicious occasion with a sweet treat. But what about your furry friends? Don't they deserve some donut love too?
Well, you're in luck! I have a recipe for dog-friendly donuts that are easy to make and healthy for your pup. They're made with oat flour, peanut butter, banana, and yogurt, and they're baked in a mini donut pan. You can even decorate them with some melted carob chips or coconut flakes for extra fun.
Here's how to make them:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Optional: carob chips, coconut flakes, or other dog-safe toppings
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, peanut butter, banana, yogurt, and baking powder until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, filling each cavity about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Let the donuts cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
- If desired, melt some carob chips in the microwave and drizzle over the donuts. Sprinkle with coconut flakes or other toppings of your choice.
Your dog will love these donuts and you'll love how easy they are to make. They're perfect for celebrating National Donut Day or any day you want to spoil your pup with a special treat. Bon Appetit!